Perfect Wine And Food Combinations
Doing things the Saba Way means creating a complete experience where every element enhances the other. That’s what makes our wine menu so special. It’s a treasure trove of delights, carefully chosen to enhance your meal and work with those famously subtle Thai flavours.
We are going to give you a quick rundown of some wines and dishes that we feel are a perfect match. If you need help or advice, just ask and one of our team will be delighted to help you.
Light and Crispy
- Goldwater Sauvignon Blanc, 2014. Powerful, spicy and vivid. This white is brimming with rich, sweet grapefruit and gooseberry fruit and has an attractive acidity. It is zippy, focused and balanced. It always goes down a treat.
This white is perfectly complemented by our Saba Chicken Wings and Green Machine Dish.
Lively and Aromatic
- Salterio Albarino, Spain. A fresh, crisp and elegant white wine from Rias Baixas in North West Spain. Full of rich ripe fruit of pear and peach. Balanced with a good acidity and a nice long finish.
This white is superb with the Saigon Noodle Dish
Medium to Fuller Flavour
- One Chain Chardonnay 2014, Australia. This South Australian wine has lovely ripe melon and apple characters mingled with touches of pear and honey.
A great match with Phad Thai with crushed peanuts.
Light and Easy
- Cuvee Saint Pierre Pinot Noir, France. Aromas of cherry and coffee with subtly integrated roasted notes. Lovely fullness, appealing, silky tannins. Delectable and fruity with toasted notes and lovely power.
The perfect match to any of our duck dishes.
Medium Bodied & Subtle
- Finca Manzanos Malbec 2015, Argentina. The wine displays ripe red fruit aromas such as plums, red and black cherries, with a strong floral presence perfectly combined with vanilla and chocolate granted by the oak. In the mouth, it’s mild with sweet and velvety tannins.
Spicy beef dishes go hand in hand with this wine.
Full Bodied & Robust
- Villa Belvedere Valpolicella Rispasso, Italy. Deep ruby colour, with garnet tints. It has a typical, distinctive and complex bouquet with hints of cherry conserve and vanilla, balsamic, floral and ripe fruit notes.
The Caveman dish would be perfect with this wine.