Recipe Of The Month!
Spicy Egg Noodles with Prawns
Chiang Rai is a colourful and tasty dish with a little kick. It is perfect for the weather we are having at the moment.
450g egg noodles
20 medium prawns, fresh or frozen
3dsp sunflower oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed, chopped
5 bird’s eye chillies, crushed, chopped
6 cherry tomatoes
80g string beans, cut 4cm
100g mixed peppers, sliced
80g onion, sliced
2 red chillies, sliced
3dsp fish sauce
2dsp oyster sauce
1dsp black soy sauce
30ml chicken stock or water
10g holy basil
- Soak the egg noodles in cold water for about 15 minutes until soft.
- Drain and keep to one side. Prepare the prawns, but leave the tails on.
- Bring a wok to a medium heat, add the oil, garlic and bird’s eye chillies and stir until you get the aroma of the garlic.
- Add the prawns, stir for 30 seconds, add the egg noodles, stir again, then add the vegetables and chillies and cook for a minute.
- Season with the fish sauce, oyster sauce, black soy sauce and sugar.
- Add some stock or water using a ladle to pour it in around the edge so as not to cool the wok.
Add the holy basil and serve.