Recipe Of The Month
Thai Stir-fried Beef with Red Curry Paste and Thai Herbs
480g Chicken Breast, finely sliced
3dsp sunflower oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed, chopped
5 bird’s eye chillies, chopped
1 heaped dsp red curry paste
50g galangal, finely sliced
30g galingale root, finely sliced
4 kaﬃr lime leaves, torn
80g string beans, cut 4cm
50g bamboo shoots
50g purple aubergine, cut lengthways, sliced
3 bunches of fresh green peppercorns
3 chillies, sliced
80g Thai round aubergine, cut in 4
2dsp fish sauce
30ml chicken stock or water
10g sweet basil, torn
- Bring the wok to a medium heat
- Add the oil, garlic, bird’s eye chilli and red curry paste and stir until you get an aroma.
- Add the chicken and stir for another 30 seconds before adding the galangal, galingale root and kaﬃr lime leaves.
- Add in the string beans, bamboo shoots, Thai round and purple aubergine, fresh peppercorns and chillies.
- Season with the fish sauce and sugar
- Add some chicken stock or water around the edge of the wok so it doesn’t cool and you gather in the nice ingredients around the edge.
- Stir for a minute.
- Do not overcook the vegetables, they should be crunchy.
- Add the sweet basil and serve with Thai jasmine rice.
• Use fresh or frozen kaﬃr lime leaves rather than the dried leaves which have very little flavour.